A record of support and impact
The Greenshaw Learning Trust has a record of working with a great many primary, secondary and special schools, locally and across the country, providing practical support to staff and students and delivering interventions to raise standards of teaching and learning and enable them to achieve their ambitions
Capacity to support schools
The Greenshaw Learning Trust, in the Trust executive and in its schools, has:
- Teachers and leaders with expertise and experience, ready and able to work with staff and students across all subjects and in all areas of education in primary, secondary and special schools.
- A National Leader Headteacher who has successfully supported many schools, locally and nationally and in challenging circumstances.
- Specialist staff with expertise in supporting all students, specialist learning and teaching coaches, behaviour experts and intervention support teachers in numeracy and literacy.
- Heads of department with the skills and capacity to provide specialist outreach work, many of whom are national leaders in their field.
- A wide range of in-house support services with the capacity and flexibility to help other schools achieve quality and efficiency improvements and achieve cost-savings, including finance, business support, HR & recruitment, catering, site maintenance and cleaning.
- Experienced and effective governors, and skills and experience in the development and support of governors to ensure outstanding governance.
Examples of services and support provided to schools
- Maths – specialist support to improve outcomes of all students led by the Executive Headteacher.
- English – expertise in the delivery of a range of GCSE and alternative courses.
- Literacy intervention – expert staff supporting schools and planning and delivering intervention.
- Modern languages – delivery of curriculum by expert staff with outreach to numerous schools.
- Science – specialist support to year 5 and 6 students and at GCSE and A level.
- SEN – expert support for assessment and intervention including therapist support.
- PE – supporting PE provision, training and coaching staff, managing sports days.
- Data tracking – providing teaching resources and support to increase numbers of students achieving national benchmarks.
- Leadership – providing strategic development and leadership support, planning and delivering intervention, and providing specialist teachers and innovative resources, to help schools to improve their outcomes.
- Middle leadership – specialist trained departmental leaders supporting ‘smaller’ departments in local schools.
- Support in recruiting high calibre teaching and support staff
- A comprehensive catering service – providing cost-effective, freshly made, healthy meals for pupils and staff.
- Access to specialist facilities and equipment – eg climbing wall, table tennis academy, laser cutter, 3D printer.
- Strategic development and leadership support through the PiXL network.
A record of achievement
For example, following the delivery of and support for higher level numeracy and reading skills, advice on the strategic development of data and the development of intervention resources, a local primary school moved from RI to Good.