Naming the new schools
The Greenshaw Learning Trust is planning to open a new secondary school along with a small specialist school for secondary age students on the autistic spectrum on the disused all weather pitch and part of the Sports Village at Rosehill Recreation Ground (subject to planning permission).
We are considering the options below for the names of the new schools.
- Park Hill High School
- Poplar Park High School
- Poplar High School
- Rosehill Park High School
- Angel Hill School
- Chestnut School
- Poplar Lawns School
- Rosehill Court School
Why these options?
- The new schools will be in a park, Rosehill Recreation Ground, and accessed off Rose Hill.
- The dominant trees around the site are poplar trees – an ancient British tree – and the site is fronted by Chestnut trees.
- Lawns was the name of a large house in the area and also describes the open grassed aspect in front of the school site.
- The schools will be near Angel Hill, named after the Angel Inn - now Tesco.
- ‘Court’ gives a link to the adjacent tennis courts and tennis centre.
You can help us choose the names by indicating your preferences in our survey; please choose one name from each list. This survey closes on 21 March 2019.
Please click here to complete our survey.