Chair of the Board of Trustees
Trustee since 1 June 2011. Current term of office ends on 1 October 2022.
- Main skills/experience brought to the Board: leadership, governance, scrutiny, stakeholder engagement, policy and organisational development, knowledge of education and of local and national government.
- Former chair of Greenshaw High School Governing Body. Led academisation of Greenshaw and its establishment as a MAT, and advised other schools on academisation and governance. Secondary governor for over 20 years, chair of governors eight years, formerly primary school governor.
- Independent consultant providing support and training on governance, accountability and scrutiny, and public and stakeholder engagement, in local councils, health authorities, schools and voluntary and charity organisations.
- Formerly: expert advisor for the Centre for Public Scrutiny; management consultant and systems analyst; qualified in computer programing, statistics and operations research.
- Former elected councillor and leader of Sutton Council.